Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE MY FAITH

I have been asked many times what do i believe,perhaps people have asked me to explain more on my beliefs,its always harder to know how to start but being a man of narration,i always find my way to do so,despite of the limited time i always pay in internet cafes.

You are aware that am a Humanist and in the same way an Atheist,so this is a brief introduction to what i regard as my faith but its not all,its just a small part of my bigger view of life.

What is Humanism?
Humanism is the belief that we can live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs. Humanists make sense of the world using reason, experience and shared human values. We seek to make the best of the one life we have by creating meaning and purpose for ourselves. We take responsibility for our actions and work with others for the common good.

What humanists believe?
We believe in an approach to life based on humanity and reason - humanists recognize that moral values are properly founded on human nature and experience alone. Our decisions are based on the available evidence and our assessment of the outcomes of our actions, not on any dogma or sacred text.

Humanism encompasses atheism and agnosticism but is an active and ethical philosophy far greater than these negative responses to religion.

I do believe in individual rights and freedoms but believe that individual responsibility, social cooperation and mutual respect are just as important.

I do believe that people can and will continue to find solutions to the world's problems so that quality of life can be improved for everyone including you and me.


Am positive. I gain my inspiration from our lives,art and culture, and a rich natural world. I do believe that we have only one life so it is our responsibility to make it a good life, and to live it to its fullness.

I hope that I have done all that I imagined just to give a clear view of me so that you make a right decision to join me in my quest to change the World.
Quitstorm

No comments: